Sunday 3 February 2013

Starting work at Homesense

I wrote this at the time ready to publish when I'd updated everything previously!

So, today I started my second job in two months! Haha. Got all my uniform, logged into the system with information on a post-it note I just know I'm going to lose. Have a locker all of my own! Very snazzy. I was only working four hours today, in fact, I think most of my shifts are going to be four hours, which is nice because it means I get a lot of the day, but does split up days a lot. Was on the tills straight away which wasn't too bad, I'm sure I'll pick things up quickly. Also went on the shop floor tidying etc. Felt a bit useless if customers asked for help but everyone that shops there is very friendly, I guess it goes with the homewares territory really. I finished at 6 and then had Bible Study tonight which I was leading. 
I prepared a talk/study on 'Making your life count' - it was a bit bitty (haha) rather than flowing smoothly but I don't think it was too bad! A few quotes were: 
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." - Mae West
"Only when we're brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light." - Brene Brown
Pretty sure I have an unhealthy obsession with quotes.. 

And this is more recent:
So, working at Homesense has been pretty cool! All my shifts have been 4 or 6 and a half hours, and the people there are fantastic. Everyone is so friendly, and really make you feel welcome, and willing to help if you need it. You have to find the balance between asking for help when you need it, because you don't want to make mistakes and mess up, but also using your initiative and not just going to a manager every four minutes. I like learning new things, so it's been a good experience. And I'm not gonna lie - the money has come in handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment