Sunday 3 February 2013

Goodbye - London


This was hard – brilliant, but hard. Joe managed to get the time off work, so he came to London with me, mum, dad and Josh on the Monday morning before I went on the Wednesday.

On Monday, we travelled down to London, and then checked in to out Travelodge and headed into the centre of London. We went past Buckingham Palace, and then Joe and I caught the tube to Southwark to meet Felix and Emily. It was pretty surreal, just going for Starbucks in London like that! Emily took us back to her flat building, where you can go up on to the roof and see right across London; the view was amazing! We dropped a few snowballs too – from such a height, it was difficult to aim on the people below… We left them and went to meet my family again, and we went to a Canadian Bar! Hell yes! It was pretty darn awesome, we had moose beer and everything was maple-leafed.. Man. (my next big trip has to be Canada!) Maxwells for tea, and then back to the travelodge. The Tuesday was spent at my Grandparents’ in Farnham, where we also made a seven-foot snowman, and ate the best millionnaire’s shortbread around. By this time, I was properly freaking out about going away. I had no idea what I was doing, and was dreading saying goodbye. I kept crying! We got up early on Wednesday, and I felt so sick. Said goodbye to everyone, and man, was I crying. May seemed like an eternity away.

No comments:

Post a Comment