Monday 8 October 2012

Brixham 20-26th June

The beautiful blue sea



Mine and Josh's hands


Graffiti on a wall
We went on a proper summer family holiday this year (usually we just go to Tenby in October), which was awesome! We must have got the nicest and hottest week of the whole summer. I had a great time, and (as usual) swam in the sea loads, although there were so many jellyfish! Also as usual, I managed to cut my feet to pieces and spent most of the holiday hobbling around and bleeding at random moments. I'd just look down and I was leaving a trail of red pebbles behind me. It was strange being back in Brixham; we went on so many holidays there but I felt like I'd forgotten so much of it! Our last evening (I think it was) was awesome, cus mum and dad were going to see Chicago, so me and Josh had a bus pass each that let us go round the whole of Torbay. We started off in Torquay, had a go in some of the arcades and looked in a few shops, then got the bus round to Paignton where we went along the pier. Josh got obsessed with these horse-racing things, and I just played on the 2p machines :D Haha. we bought some fish and chips and sat by the seafront in the dark, it was so nice. After a walk around we caught a bus back to Brixham and walked home! The whole holiday was great, and it was nice to be with the family too :) Before the holiday, I had thought I would be leaving two nights earlier than everyone else as I had to be at Eton Dorney on the Thursday, but realised that it was actually the Friday! Of course, I could have gone straight there from Brixham, but I don't think it would have put me in the best of moods! So, I left Brixham the afternoon of the 26th, whereas Mum, Dad and Josh came home on the morning of the 27th. I didn't miss out on much, which was nice :) It was so odd getting the train back by myself (and with a suitcase!) although after this summer of train-ing around everywhere, I'm a pro ;) I got back pretty late, and Joe stayed over; was nice to see him although we didn't get to finish watching our film because we were both so tired! The next morning, he had to go off to do his work experience, and I had to grab my (rapidly repacked) suitcase and catch the train to Windsor & Eton station!

Josh on a wall
Whack the moles!

No comments:

Post a Comment